However, now that we are back reality is setting in. I have to report for preservice days August 1st! Where has my summer gone?!? Yikes, I am realizing that I still have tons to do! I will most likely be spending a good chunk of time this week in my classroom as it is pretty unlikely we will have much work time during inservice this year.
So, I am linking up with Fabulous Fourth Grade Froggies' To-Do list linky party!
1. Put up Bulletin Boards and Displays on walls (we had to take EVERYTHING down so they could paint over the summer)
2. Set up desks (and try to find more since I have a larger class this year...)
3. Organize everything that was misplaced by the painters ( I went in to grab something really quick about a month ago and was met with the most disorganized mess, all of my stuff was everywhere)
4. Set up Math Centers
5. Organize all center materials (Reading and Math)
6 . Try to get rid of some of the old curriculum. (Last year, when I started there was a bunch of old curriculum filling up my cabinets, I was new so I wasn't sure what should be kept. Well, I haven't used any of it so I am going to beg my Principal to let me get rid of it or at least store it somewhere besides my room!!)
7. Cut out lamination
8. Make Clip Chart and Clothes Pins
9. Make Name Tags
10.Create Welcome Bulletin Board
11. Update Meet the Teacher brochure/policies
12. Update Curriculum Night Information
13. Plan out first two weeks
14. Make copies for the first two weeks
15. Make Pennant banner for the top of my white board
16. Make melted crayon canvas
17. Buy a few last minute things for my room.
18. Create teacher binder
Wow, I still feel like I have a lot to do! I can't believe summer is almost over... Head on over to Fabulous Fourth Grade Froggies to read everyone else's lists!