Thursday, August 9, 2012

Classroom Pictures!

Can I get a drumroll please?!?! The moment we've all been waiting for! I finally have some time to post the pictures of my finished classroom! We start school Monday and I have been crazy busy this week trying to make sure everything is done! I think I am just about ready, now I just need to get ready mentally ;)

Well without further to do here are the finished pictures of my second grade classroom!

 This is the view looking straight in from the door. You can see our whole group meeting area and the Grammar Wall (something my school requires, but its great for teaching and reviewing parts of speech!)
 View from the door looking across to the back door that leads to the playground.
 View from the door looking right. All of the stuff on the counter will get put away we were sorting school supplies that were brought in during Meet the Teacher night. (Oops... I just realized my flag is still rolled up from when they painted this summer, I need to fix that tomorrow!!)
 This is a view from my desk looking across the room. (I love my pennant banner!!)
 This is further down the wall that is directly across from my desk. I have my clip chart, literacy and math workstations rotation boards.
 This is my library and Word Wall. These are right along the wall before the door that goes outside.
 This is my teacher area... Excuse the mess please I was busy finishing up last minute details today :)
 This is a view of the front of the room.
And finally, this is what was on the desks for the kiddos to pick up on Meet the Teacher night :) They loved them! Meet the Teacher went pretty well, I had about 18/26 kids show up. So it was pretty good turn out :)

I can't believe that school starts on Monday! Crazy! I still feel like I have a lot to do, but I know I will get it done! :)

Hope those of you who have already started that everything is going well and those of you that haven't started yet I hope that you are enjoying your summer :)

Dray

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Your room looks great! Thanks for sharing pictures!

Unless other Arizona districts also have a 'Grammar Wall', I think I can guess your district, as my district also required the same........Do you also use Math Investigations?

Thanks for stopping by my blog....hope you can like journal resources!

Kelli
Tales From a Traveling Teacher

Kelli said...

oops, didn't mean to say 'can like the journal resources'.......but you know what I mean!

Dray said...

We actually don't use Math Investigations! I guess there are different districts that require that Grammar Wall! :)

Post a Comment